March 11, 2014

This past weekend I cooked/baked up a storm. I made gluten free banana bread, gluten free breaded garlic shrimp, gluten free italian wedding soup and gluten free biscotti's. Everything but the biscotti's turned out well. The biscotti's will take a few tries to perfect. Today, I'm going to post the gluten free banana bread. Seriously, amazing. It was a winner. 

Ingredients:
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup of butter **I used "Ican't believe it's not butter" baking sticks
- 2 eggs
- a little salt
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 bananas
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 3/4 cups of gluten free all purpose flour **I used bobs red mill all purpose flour

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease loaf pan with butter and then add a little flour around the pan. 

- Mix sugar and butter
- Add eggs, mashed bananas and salt
- Add flour, baking soda and baking powder **can sift first, if you prefer 
- Add nuts or chocolate chips, if you want! I added chocolate chips this time
- Transfer to loaf pan
- Bake for 1 hour *make sure the center is cooked all the way through 

Mine was very brown but the center wasn't cooked all the way through. I cooked it for about 10 extra minutes. It all depends, just use your own discretion. 

For all those visual learners, I've been bad with taking pictures of the finish products of what I make but I will for the next recipe posts.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment